October 27, 2010

Casual Chic

I can appreciate a laid back, casual, coastal feeling and these photos give me inspiration to create a space that is seaworthy.



This sliding chair for the patio covered in nautical stripes would be a perfect place to read a book or chat with someone special.




If my ceiling was high enough, I would have a canoe hanging from it just like the one pictured.  I love the contrast between the boat, and the white tongue and groove ceiling.



This is a great way to dress up an all white room. Just hang a few oars on the wall to add texture and appeal, and big, bold, navy and white pillows on a slipcovered sofa.



This kitchen has gorgeous color and invites guests to sit and relax.



I love that this seating arrangement will weather to a salty gray color.



Have plenty of throws available for everyone if you're sitting by the water and want to stay warm.


Photos are from Coastal Living.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...